It is about time to make your Car an Organized Extracurricular Vehicle! We have compiled 3 different lists so make sure to keep updated with us and check frequently as the lists come on our blog! Deep cleaning, organizing, & a list of car essentials as your car kit
When you are on the go 24/7 it is important to make sure that the vehicle you drive is efficient. The more structured our car is organizationally, the more it will help your life on a daily basis. Here are some incredible hacks, tips and tricks on how you can achieve this on a budget & keep things handy at the same time.
- Take a tooth brush to get the little areas that are hard to reach
- Use a cloth and a screw driver to get the gunk out of creases in the vehicle
- Take a spray bottle and a vacuum attachment or squeegee and spray and wipe w a cloth to easily pick up animal hair.
- Use cupcake liners for the cup holders to prevent gunk and crumbs from lining the bottom of your cups. Easier to take out and clean too! Source from PenelopeLoveslist.com
- Use a wet sponge brush to get into the vents and clean out dust.
- Always clean your car from the top to the bottom to prevent having to vacuum multiple times. Goo gone is the best tool for cleaning the car. Vegetable oil helps get dust off the dash when wiped off with a coffee filter.
- To help with the scent, take an essential oil kit and spray them on craft balls that you can buy at your local craft store. Glue the balls on a clothespin and attach to the vent. Never have to buy car spray again! You can also buy a mason jar, poke holes in the bottom and put pieces of your favorite scented candle in the jar. As the car heats up the smell will fill the air in the car. Brilliant!
- Invest in a car seat liner for your back seat of your car if you have animals or small kids that tend to make a mess. Go to pieces by Polly for one just like this.
- Buy a cereal holder and line it with a trash bag in order to keep trash off the floor and away
Check back with us next week for organizing hacks updated on the blog!!
- Entertainment seat organizers like this are awesome. You can buy them at http://www.ajennuinelife.com/2013/04/sew-vivor-challenge-2-seat-back.html
- Behind every seat set up a bag for placing any extra items that are brought along with your passengers. You can store wipes, coloring books, tablets, snacks, etc inside this nifty little bag.
- Keep a stylish tote in your car where you can place all your kids favorite toys and items for the car rides during the week. https://craftapple.wordpress.com/2008/07/01/the-car-organizer-pattern/
- Side car travel bag can be bought on Amazon to make use of extra space that normally wouldn’t be utilized. https://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Vehicle-Storage-Backseat-Organizer/dp/B00GJ9R4FU?ie=UTF8&ref_=sr_1_21&tag=foodtipscouk-20
- Attach cloth organizers in your visor areas for better use of storage. Easily grab kleenex’s or wipes from convenient spaces like this.
- Take an accordion file and put all your essential car insurances and registration into the accordion for easy keeping. You can also have a 2nd accordion file for your errands in order to keep your paperwork separated and not worry about them flying out the window.
- Place all your essential items in a 31 bag or organizing bag in your car.
- Set up a functional space like this where you can divide things in the back of your car for extracurricular items like sports equipment etc.
- When the kids have to-go food in the car, little dollar store shower caddies like this help keep everything secure and help eliminate spills.
- Way too much change? Take a bubble gum container and collect all your extra change in it so that it is easily accessible to pour into your hand when finding the correct change.
- Seat covers with pockets can be very handy with multiple users in the back seat!
Items you should keep in your car: